Alexander Langer Foundation
The Foundation is engaged to encourage the research for solutions which are based on solidarity, democracy and justice towards the necessities and conflicts that may arise in societies; to promote and defend the civil rights of individuals and groups of minorities from every kind of discrimination be it of economic, religious, racial or sexual nature; to promote reflections and concrete initiatives directed towards an ecological conversion of economics, work and lifestyles.
These are the main activities of the Foundation:
- The International Alexander Langer Award: the endowment of the Prize is 10.000 Euro. The scientific and guarantee Committee selects the winner of the Prize among persons who are engaged to work for freedom, democracy, social justice and together living;
- The “Euromediterranea Festival", an international meeting which takes place every year in the first week of July with the use of a variety of ways for expression and communication about themes of actuality: seminars, meetings, exhibitions, films, books, acts of solidarity, concerts, theatre.
- The International Summer School, organised in the same time of Euromediterranea, gives to young people of different countries the possibility to deepen the themes of the Festival;
- Peace workers: Since 2003 the Foundation collaborates at the “International conflict mediators and peace operators”, organized by the Formazione professionale in lingua italiana of the Province of Bolzano and by the University of Bologna;
- Minima personalia is the archive which collects the writings and the working materials of Alexander Langer. Exept of the archive, it is possible to consult numerous books and essays on Langer.
- Adopt Srebrenica.